Transmission is a BitTorrent client which features a simple interface on top of a cross-platform back-end. Transmission is free software licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), with parts under the MIT License. Now my experiment is installing transmission on Raspberry PI. Transmission is perfect when combined with XMBC or raspbmc.
1. Open your terminal
2. Run “sudo apt-get update”
3. Then install transmission with nano text editor
sudo apt-get -y install transmission transmission-daemon nano
4. Make sure transmission service start and then stop it.
sudo service transmission-daemon start && sudo service transmission-daemon stop
5. You will need to change the transmission config, so edit it with
sudo nano /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json
6. Change the username,password, and port that transmission will use. Don’t forget to change rpc-enabled: true and rpc-whitelist-enabled become false, if you want transmission web gui to be accessible from any host.
7. Start transmission service
sudo service transmission-daemon start
8. You can access transmission web gui using youripaddress:yourport (example: 192.168.1.10:9091)